What’s it all about? Healthy Congregations is an ecumenical and interfaith organization that takes seriously the times that we live in and the challenges of thinking more clearly about families, congregations, and leadership.
Healthy Congregations, Inc. offers resources and training that are based on a view of life that looks at communities as living systems that incorporate thinking, feeling, responsibility, and purpose.
Making use of the contributions of leaders in the field of Bowen family systems theory and congregational life, Healthy Congregations, Inc. has created educational resources and leadership development material designed with the purpose of encouraging healthier, clearer and deeper individual and community life.
The purpose of Healthy Congregations, Inc. is to develop training, education, and consultation in emotional process as it relates to community and congregational systems.
The purpose of the six basic Healthy Congregations workshops is to:
- Gain a renewed sense of purpose and mission
- Cultivate strong leadership capacities to challenge a congregation
- Learn how to develop healthier patterns of living together in community
- Learn to focus on strength, resources and options for the future
- Boost confidence
- Learn how to lead with calm and thoughtfulness
- Reflect theologically about relationships
- Move a community toward a healthier response to challenges
Healthy Congregations offers:
- Training for those interested in leading workshops
- Advanced training for those who serve as teachers of emotional process thinking and its resources
- Leadership development
- Opportunities for case studies, coaching, consultation, conversation
- Network for those interested and committed to making the connections between emotional process and clarity of purpose in an organization