Two types of training currently exist for those interested in making use of the six workshops available through Healthy Congregations, Inc.
Facilitator Training(completion prepares one to lead the Healthy Congregations workshops)
- Completion of 15-hour workshop by Trainer
- Use of Healthy Congregations material as intended; for the growth of congregational leaders
- Participation in ongoing training opportunities including the National Gathering
Healthy Congregations offers new “Training of Trainers” sessions in 2015.
In the Healthy Congregations Network, over 100 people have been designated as those who train other people to be workshop facilitators. This level of educating is a key to the further development of thinking about family systems and the principles and forces that impact congregational and community life.
The HC Board is pleased to announce that “Training of Trainers” is one of the priorities for development this coming year.
An application process has been established for this training. Please submit the following materials to the Healthy Congregations Office. Up to 7 applicants will be chosen to participate in the training, based on the following criteria:
- Letter of application to HC, Inc. that indicates your reason for applying for the training and the history of your experience, education and group work regarding family systems theory, Bowen theory and Healthy Congregations material. (This training focuses on those who have previously been trained as facilitators of HC material. If you have training that you would consider “parallel” to this experience, that will be taken into consideration. The expectation for our trainers is that they have a minimum of three years experience in leading HC material.)
- Three letters of reference from those who have observed your work in family systems or Healthy Congregations workshop leadership giving candid assessment of strengths and growth areas.
- Commitment that specifically states how the trainer intends to be involved in an on-going supervision, family of origin or coaching experience that is Bowen family systems theory based.
- An application fee of $250 by May 1, with the balance of $450 due by the beginning of your “trainers” session if you have been accepted into the program. The application fee is refundable for those who are not accepted, or those who cannot participate in the program with 30 days notice of withdrawal from the program.
- A Healthy Congregations Leadership Intensive will be held on June 17-19. Trainers involved in the sessions on June 15-16 will be offered participation in the Intensive at a discounted rate of $200 (regular rate for other participants is $450). The Leadership Intensives will meet 8:30 to 4:30.
Following acceptance into the training, participants will each be given reading and specific leadership assignments to be shared with others during the training.
Cost, that includes materials and tuition, Payable to HC, Inc. Training will be held at the Healthy Congregations Office, 2199 E. Main Street, Columbus, Ohio. Options for housing will be communicated upon acceptance into the program. Applications can be sent digitally to office @healthycongregations.com or through surface mail at: Healthy Congregations, Inc. 2199 E. Main Street, Columbus, Ohio 43209.
All applications are due on or before May 1, 2015.